Welcome to our new Lean Body Recipes blog series! Fast-paced modern living makes it challenging to stick to any diet. That’s why our LEAN30 recipes encourage healthy eating inspired by three top diets, including the keto, Mediterranean and paleo diets.
Paleo Broccoli Salad
Photo and recipe courtesy of Delish
Paleo Broccoli Salad is yummy enough to win over any broccoli- or salad-hater. This well-balanced meal will leave your mouth watering for more.
FOR THE SALAD
● Kosher salt
● 3 heads broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
● 2 carrots, shredded
● 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
● 1/2 c. dried cranberries
● 1/2 c. sliced almonds
● 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
FOR THE DRESSING
● 1/2 c. mayonnaise
● 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
● Kosher salt
● Freshly ground black pepper
PREP & COOK
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, prepare a large bowl with ice water.
- Add broccoli florets to the boiling water and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in the prepared bowl of ice water. When cool, drain florets in a colander.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, red onion, cranberries, nuts and bacon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and stir to combine.