Welcome to our new Lean Body Recipes blog series! Fast-paced modern living makes it challenging to stick to any diet. That’s why our LEAN30 recipes encourage healthy eating inspired by three top diets, including the keto, Mediterranean and paleo diets.
Keto Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Zucchini
Photo and recipe courtesy of Delish
Keto Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Zucchini is as delicious as it sounds. Once you try it, you will always want bacon with your zucchini.
● 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
● 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
● 1/2 c. finely chopped artichoke hearts
● 1/2 c. frozen spinach, defrosted, drained, and chopped
● 1 c. shredded mozzarella
● 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
● 1 Garlic clove, minced
● 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
● kosher salt
● Freshly ground black pepper
● 12 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and fit with a cooling rack. Using a spoon, remove the seedy centers of each zucchini.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, artichoke hearts, spinach, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Scoop cream cheese mixture into zucchini boats, then wrap each boat with 2 slices bacon. Place on prepared cooling rack and place in oven to bake, 35 to 40 minutes, or until zucchini is tender and bacon is crisp. Let cool slightly and serve.