Welcome to our new Lean Body Recipes blog series! Fast-paced modern living makes it challenging to stick to any diet. That’s why our LEAN30 recipes encourage healthy eating inspired by three top diets, including the keto, Mediterranean and paleo diets.
Paleo Breakfast Stacks
Photo and recipe courtesy of Delish
Breakfast stacks are the breakfast of champions. So simple to make, and will keep you full long into lunchtime! Using a mason jar lid as a mold makes it easy to keep everything perfectly round so it stacks easily.
- 3 breakfast sausage patties
- 1 avocado, mashed
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- chives, for garnish
- Hot sauce, if desired
PREP & COOK
- Heat breakfast sausage according to instructions on box.
- Mash avocado onto breakfast sausage and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a medium skillet over medium heat with cooking spray, then spray the inside of a mason jar lid. Place mason jar lid in center of skillet and crack an egg inside. Season with salt and pepper and let cook 3 minutes until whites are set, then remove lid and continue cooking.
- Place egg on top of mashed avocado. Garnish with chives and drizzle with your favorite hot sauce.