Welcome to our new Lean Body Recipes blog series! Fast-paced modern living makes it challenging to stick to any diet. That’s why our LEAN30 recipes encourage healthy eating inspired by three top diets, including the keto, Mediterranean and paleo diets.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Delish
Did you know you can substitute cheese for flour tortillas? Keto Quesadillas are so easy and tasty, you will want to make them again and again.
● 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
● 1 bell pepper, sliced
● 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
● 1/2 tsp. chili powder
● Kosher salt
● Freshly ground black pepper
● 3 c. shredded monterey jack
● 3 c. shredded cheddar
● 4 c. shredded chicken
● 1 avocado, thinly sliced
● 1 green onion, thinly sliced
● Sour cream, for serving
PREP & COOK
- Preheat oven to 400° and line two medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add pepper and onion and season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cheeses. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture into the center of both prepared baking sheets. Spread into an even layer and shape into a circle, the size of a flour tortilla.
- Bake cheeses until melted and slightly golden around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Add onion-pepper mixture, shredded chicken, and avocado slices to one half of each. Let cool slightly, then use the parchment paper and a small spatula to gently lift and fold one side of the cheese “tortilla” over the side with the fillings. Return to oven to heat, 3 to 4 minutes more. Repeat to make 2 more quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into quarters. Garnish with green onions and sour cream before serving.