Welcome to our new Lean Body Recipes blog series! Fast-paced modern living makes it challenging to stick to any diet. That’s why our LEAN30 recipes encourage healthy eating inspired by three top diets, including the keto, Mediterranean and paleo diets.
Paleo Sweet Potato Chilli
Photo and recipe courtesy of Delish
Paleo Sweet Potato Chili is loaded with Italian sausage, sweet potatoes and vegetables. This delicious chili will definitely warm you up without weighing you down.
● 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
● 1 medium onion, chopped
● 1 bell pepper, chopped
● 3 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 tbsp. tomato paste
● 1 lb. Italian sausage
● 1 tbsp. chili powder
● 1 tsp. dried oregano
● 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
● 1/4 tsp. cayenne
● Kosher salt
● Freshly ground black pepper
● 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1″ pieces
● 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
● 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
● Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
PREP & COOK
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more, then add tomato paste and stir until well coated. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon until no longer pink, 7 minutes. Add chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
- Add sweet potatoes, broth, and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer, covered, until sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.