Photo courtesy of Mediterranean Living
It’s no secret that eating the Mediterranean way helps promote heart health and weight loss. But fast-paced modern living makes it hard to stick to any diet, especially during the holidays. This is why our healthy Mediterranean alternatives make a great addition to your holiday menu.
There is no denying the health benefits of the Mediterranean diet, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice delicious holiday side dishes! This is one of our personal favorites: roasted cauliflower. Cauliflower is high in fiber, a low-carb alternative to grains, and an easy addition to any holiday meal.
From: Mediterranean Living
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- ½ teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Prep & Cook
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a bowl, add cauliflower and all ingredients. Mix with your hands until all the florets are covered evenly with olive oil and spices.
- Spread florets on a baking sheet.
- Bake until tender and golden brown, stirring and turning every 10 minutes for about 25-30 minutes.