You’ve heard about keto and you’ve also heard it’s good for health and weight loss. But what exactly is the buzz all about? Simply stated, the ketogenic diet centers around reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This reduction in carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis where you burn fat instead of carbs. Many people find this a great way to shed those extra pounds and keep them at bay.
Of course, it’s important to consult a health care professional before embarking on any diet, and adapting to keto guidelines might seem a bit daunting. However, there’s no need to feel deprived with these easy and delicious swaps! Check out these tasty keto-friendly substitutes for many of your favorite foods:
- Burgers or burritos – replace high-carb buns and tortillas with crisp, low-calorie lettuce wraps. Infuse it with an additional nutrient boost by using leaves from darker lettuce like romaine. Remember: the more vibrant the color, the more nutrition!
- Pasta – simulate the texture of pasta (minus the starch) with spaghetti squash or spiral-cut zucchini noodles. If you aren’t a squash fan, try low-carb noodles like shirataki. These clear noodles are made from glucomannan, a type of fiber from the konjac plant root.
- Mashed potatoes – try mashed cauliflower for an amazingly tasty substitute for its high-calorie cousin.
- French fries – slice fresh jicama or zucchini into strips for a satisfying crunch in place of those traditional calorie-laden fried potatoes.
- Potato chips – experience a similar crispy snack by slicing veggies thinly with a mandolin, then salting and baking in the oven. Try using zucchini or even the lesser-known but equally great sub, rutabaga.
- Coffee and high-carb creamer – Modere Logiq™ with TetraBlend™ Coffee plus Logiq™ Creamer make a great alternative for keto-conscious coffee lovers, offering additional nutritional benefits for the brain, skin, and joints!*
In fact, an international panel of industry experts named Modere Logiq their favorite well-being supplement with coffee in the prestigious 2019 Beauty Shortlist Mama & Baby Awards, which focus on natural, organic and earth-friendly products. And it’s not hard to see why.
Featuring proprietary TetraBlend technology plus natural caffeine from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Colombian coffee beans, Logiq is formulated to support mood, boost attention and focus, aid memory and learning and assist healthy brain aging.*
Served with a scoop of Logiq Creamer, one aromatic cup of Logiq delivers keto-friendly fats from grass-fed butter and medium-chain triglycerides, plus multi-patented, award-winning Collagen/HA Matrix® Technology, with proven skin and joint benefits.† It’s powerful cognitive support designed to help you think sharper, look better and achieve more every day.* And it tastes so good, you won’t even miss your high-carb coffee shop fix.
Try Logic™ with TetraBlend™ Coffee and Creamer for yourself, and taste a stroke of genius.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
† Logiq with TetraBlend Coffee and Logiq Creamer deliver the benefits of Collagen/HA Matrix Technology when paired with other Liquid BioCell products.