Welcome to our new Lean Body Recipes blog series! Fast-paced modern living makes it challenging to stick to any diet. That’s why our LEAN30 recipes encourage healthy eating inspired by three top diets, including the keto, Mediterranean and paleo diets.
Paleo Italian Chicken Skillet
Photo and recipe courtesy of Delish
Cooking in a cast iron skillet can add iron to your food and into your body. So try this delicious Paleo Italian Chicken Skillet recipe to easily supplement your iron intake.
● 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
● 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
● Kosher salt
● Freshly ground black pepper
● 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
● 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
● 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
● 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
● 1 oz. (14-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
● 1/4 c. freshly torn basil
PREP & COOK
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and peppers to skillet and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until slightly charred, 3 minutes more, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with oregano.
- Add broth and crushed tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and top with sauce and vegetables.
- Garnish with basil before serving