Welcome to our new Lean Body Recipes blog series! Fast-paced modern living makes it challenging to stick to any diet. That’s why our LEAN30 recipes encourage healthy eating inspired by three top diets, including the keto, Mediterranean and paleo diets.
Greek Chicken Stuffed Zucchini
Photo and recipe courtesy of Delish
Do you like to be creative in the kitchen? This Greek Chicken Stuffed Zucchini recipe is an easy way to create a fun, healthy dinner.
- 3 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. cooked shredded chicken
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas
- 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c. halved kalamata olives
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 c. finely chopped cucumber
- Chopped fresh dill sprigs, for serving
PREP & COOK
- Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini and scoop out insides into a bowl. Place in a shallow baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until mostly tender. Remove from oven and turn broiler to high.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add scooped zucchini and cook until light golden, about 2 minutes. Add shredded chicken and chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, and oregano and cook stirring occasionally until the mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon chicken mixture into zucchini then top with feta cheese. Bake until zucchini is just tender and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes more. Squeeze lemon over zucchini boats, garnish with cucumber and dill, and serve warm