February is no ordinary month. In fact, it’s American Heart Month — an ideal time to remind everyone to focus on their hearts and encourage their friends and families to get involved.
Join us this month in our campaign to raise awareness about heart health and how living clean can support a healthy-heart kind of life.
- About 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year — that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.
- Coronary heart disease (CHD), which is the most common type of heart disease, kills over 370,000 people a year.
- Every year about 735,000 Americans have a heart attack. Of these, 525,000 are a first-time heart attack and 210,000 happen to people who have already had a heart attack.
- 15% of heart attack patients will die from it.
The purpose of American Heart Month is not just to raise awareness of the statistics, but to provide solutions.
The good news is that it’s working. In just five years, the stroke death rate has dropped from the number 3 cause of death to number 5.
Here at Modere, the health of everyone we serve is one of our most important priorities. We take it seriously. That’s why during the month of February, we are putting together #hearthealthyfriday posts to raise awareness for the American Heart Association.
This month, let’s work together to save and improve the lives of everyone around us. When you share Modere, use #hearthealthyfriday and #americanheartmonth to help spread awareness.