It’s no secret that eating and living a Mediterranean lifestyle helps promote heart health and weight loss. But fast-paced modern living makes it hard to stick to any diet. That’s why we’ve put together some 30-minute meals to help you get the most out of your cooking and maintain your healthy, on-the-go lifestyle.
We know you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. You’re a busy person, so why not give the One-Skillet Mediterranean Chicken meal a shot? It combines many aspects of the delicious Mediterranean diet and is sure to keep you on track toward your goals.
One-Skillet Mediterranean Chicken
From: Tastes of Lizzy T
Makes 5 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes, 15 ounces, with liquid
- 1/2 cup California Ripe Black Olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, yellow or red
- Salt/pepper to taste
Prep & Cook
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and sauté it until it is browned through, about 10 minutes, stirring often. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the teaspoon of olive oil and onions to the skillet. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the canned tomatoes, olives and spices. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the chicken and tomato halves and heat through. Serve over rice or potatoes.