What is Day of the Dead?
You’ve probably heard of Día de Muertos or Day of the Dead before, but have you ever wondered what it is?
Day of the Dead is a celebration with roots in the pre-Hispanic era of Mexico that started with the Aztecs and is now celebrated in several countries around the world!
There was a tradition of putting together offerings for the deceased to ensure that they reached paradise safely. These offerings varied, but mostly consisted of weapons of war, precious stones, and all kinds of food.
Now, Day of the Dead is celebrated on November 1st and 2nd every year. Many remember and celebrate the life and memory of their ancestors with religious ceremonies, marigolds, candles, and their favorite foods!
An essential part of Day of the Dead is the beautiful and elegant Catrina, who has become a symbol for these celebrations.
Here are some tips so you can embody the Catrina this Day of the Dead!
- Wash and moisturize your face with non-greasy lotion so that your makeup stays on all day.
- Apply a makeup base so that the white paint that will go on top can go on smoothly.
- Put on red lipstick to contrast with your makeup!
- Apply sequins with eyelash glue to add sparkle to your look.
- Do not forget to use your Modere Eye Makeup Remover to quickly dissolve your makeup and
take care of your skin!