Photo courtesy of Randy Mayor and My Recipes
Welcome to 30 Days on a Mediterranean Diet, our new blog series! It’s no secret that eating the Mediterranean way helps with heart health and weight loss. But fast-paced modern living makes it hard to stick to any diet, which is why each 30 Days on a Mediterranean Diet post will feature a healthy Mediterranean recipe.
If last post’s Day 1 rocked your world, then get ready to sink your teeth into today’s delicious recipe. The star of the dish – Yellowfin tuna – is a low-fat, high-protein source of niacin and B6 vitamins, and minerals like iron and potassium.
Not to mention, it’s crazy tasty. The recipe features a classic Mediterranean flavor profile of garlic, olive oil and lemon juice, making for a light and bright summer dinner choice.
From My Recipes
Makes 4-6 servings
4 (6-ounce) Yellowfin tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups chopped & seeded tomato
1/4 cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon capers, drained
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
12 chopped pitted kalamata olives
Prep & Cook
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt, coriander, and pepper.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- While fish cooks, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomato, and remaining ingredients. Serve tomato mixture over fish.
By: Laurentia Guesman,